North Baddesley Infant School
Happy, valued and growing together
About Our School
The school was first opened on 25th March 1876 and we are very proud of its history. The original building consisted of one classroom until a second was added in 1894. The school has continued to grow and became an infant school in 1969 when a separate junior school was built. The school was most recently extended in 1999 and also underwent significant structural alterations in 2010 as part of continued improvements to the learning environment.
An entry from the original School log book:
Being a central and established part of the community is very important to us. Despite many improvements, our building still retains much of its original Victorian character and charm. We are proud to offer a stimulating and creative environment in which to learn, set in extensive grounds shared with our junior school. We have seven bright classrooms, a spacious hall, an attractive library as well as a bespoke community room, medical room and office accommodation. We also offer modern ICT facilities alongside opportunities for music, drama and cookery in our dedicated cookery area.
At the rear of the school is a beautiful garden and wild area that is used as an outdoor classroom for teaching and learning alongside an extended decking and play area for outdoor learning. In addition to this, we are lucky to have an attractive main playground which provides are range of opportunities for learning and imaginative play.
We have seven classes organised into three year groups. There are three classes in Year 1 and two classes in Year R and Year 2. Each class has a maximum of 30 children.
We are constantly improving as we want to provide an environment that is stimulating and inspiring and encourages lifelong learning. We look forward to welcoming you to our community where we are all "happy, valued and achieving together".