North Baddesley Infant School
Happy, valued and growing together
Arrangements for School Lunches are as follows:
- Children can have hot school lunches or bring a sensible packed lunch
- Please note that nuts, sweets and chicken or other meat on the bone are not allowed as they are a choking hazard and pose potential serious risks to health
- A small chocolate biscuit or bar is acceptable but please to not provide standard size confectionary, e.g. Mars Bars
- Children are allowed to bring juice or squash but this can only be drunk at lunchtime. Parents are also asked to provide a waterbottle for the classroom but only plain water can be drunk in class. This ensures our environment is not spoilt with sticky drinks and also ensures children are not adding to the risk of dental decay by continuously sipping sugary or acidic drinks.
- Please note fizzy drinks, thermos flasks and glass bottles or containers of any kind are not allowed in school
School lunch menus can be found on the Hampshire County Council Catering Services (HC3S) "My School Lunch" web site.
HC3S will be providing a new menu from Monday 20 April 2009, which will continue through to the October half term break. Food for Hampshire's school meals continues to be locally sourced wherever possible and HC3S is committed to the healthy agenda and to providing high quality food to Hampshire's children.
For more information on Hampshire's school meals, please see www.hants.gov.uk/caterers or www.myschoollunch.co.uk/hampshire. Alternatively, please phone Amanda Frost, Head of Catering Services on 023 8062 7729 or Sylvie Babout, Head of Primary Operations & Training on 023 8062 7722.
Please click here to read our Lunchtimes and Snacks booklet.